Main Article Content
Background: Pneumonia has several risk factors, including low exclusive breastfeeding for infants, immunization status, smoking parents, and mother's level of knowledge related to pneumonia. This study aims to analyze the relationship between risk factors and pneumonia in toddlers in the work area of the Jeuram Health Center, Seunagan District, Nagan Raya Regency.
Methods: This research is an observational study with a cross-sectional design. The participants in this study were all mothers with toddlers in the working area of the Jeuram Health Center, with a total sample of 99 mothers. The sampling technique used was total sampling. Data analysis using SPSS.
Results: Based on the results of statistical tests, it was concluded that the factors related to the incidence of pneumonia in toddlers in the working area of the Jeuram Health Center, Nagan Raya Regency, namely knowledge (p-value 0.017), immunization status (p-value 0.041), exposure to cigarette smoke (p-value 0.033).
Conclusion: Knowledge, immunization status, and exposure to cigarette smoke are associated with the incidence of pneumonia in toddlers.
As our aim is to disseminate original research article, hence the publishing right is a necessary one. The publishing right is needed in order to reach the agreement between the author and publisher. As the journal is fully open access, the authors will sign an exclusive license agreement.
The authors have the right to:
- Share their article in the same ways permitted to third parties under the relevant user license.
- Retain copyright, patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights including research data.
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
For the open access article, the publisher is granted to the following right.
- The non-exclusive right to publish the article and grant right to others.
- For the published article, the publisher applied for the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.