Main Article Content
Background: Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a glucose metabolism disorder characterized by chronic hyperglycemia that often occurs and is a major health problem. During puberty, increased Growth Hormone (GH) secretion results in increased insulin resistance. This study aimed to describe the growth profile of pediatric patients with diabetes mellitus at Dr. M. Djamil General Hospital.
Methods: A descriptive retrospective study with conducted by collecting data on body height, HbA1C level, and status of puberty from medical records at the pediatric ward of Dr. M. Djamil General Hospital from January 2019 - December 2020.
Results: The sample was 67 (63 T1DM, 2 T2DM, and 2 double DM). Ten of them with short stature (8 with poor metabolic control).
Conclusion: Children with DM may experience growth disturbance.
As our aim is to disseminate original research article, hence the publishing right is a necessary one. The publishing right is needed in order to reach the agreement between the author and publisher. As the journal is fully open access, the authors will sign an exclusive license agreement.
The authors have the right to:
- Share their article in the same ways permitted to third parties under the relevant user license.
- Retain copyright, patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights including research data.
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
For the open access article, the publisher is granted to the following right.
- The non-exclusive right to publish the article and grant right to others.
- For the published article, the publisher applied for the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.