Main Article Content
Background: DM, especially type 2 diabetes mellitus (DMT2), is closely related to obesity. Insulin resistance and inflammation that occur in obese patients can be treated with SG procedures. Post-SG weight loss can reduce the lipo apoptotic process and can improve the function of pancreas β cells. The omentum is rich in potential mesenchymal stem cells and is rich in anti-inflammatory cytokines, and various growth factors, so the omentoplasty procedure is believed to be able to provide a regenerating effect on the pancreatic tissue so that the performance of the pancreas can be optimal.
Methods: An experimental study with 18 rats which were divided into control and treatment groups. The treatments were sleeve gastrectomy and pancreatic omentoplasty. Furthermore, analysis of body weight and levels of IL-10 and HOMA IR was carried out with the help of SPSS software version 25 univariate and bivariate.
Results: There was a difference in mean body weight, levels of IL-10, and HOMA IR before and after treatment, p<0.001.
Conclusion: Omentoplasty is effective in improving the condition of diabetes mellitus with obesity after sleeve gastrectomy surgery in vivo.
As our aim is to disseminate original research article, hence the publishing right is a necessary one. The publishing right is needed in order to reach the agreement between the author and publisher. As the journal is fully open access, the authors will sign an exclusive license agreement.
The authors have the right to:
- Share their article in the same ways permitted to third parties under the relevant user license.
- Retain copyright, patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights including research data.
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
For the open access article, the publisher is granted to the following right.
- The non-exclusive right to publish the article and grant right to others.
- For the published article, the publisher applied for the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.