Main Article Content
Background: Diabetes mellitus is a disorder of the metabolic homeostasis controlled by insulin, resulting in abnormalities of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. Type 1 diabetes mellitus is one of the most common chronic conditions in children. This study aims to describe two cases of type 1 diabetes mellitus accompanied by malnutrition in children at Dr. M. Djamil General Hospital Padang.
Case presentation: The case series describes two cases of diabetes mellitus type one with comorbid undernutrition. Both patients had a family history of diabetes mellitus. And their sibling died because of diabetes type 1. Grandmother and grandfather from the father's side had diabetes. The management of this disease consists of the management of type 1 diabetes mellitus and its complications and accompanying malnutrition.
Conclusion: The management of type 1 diabetes mellitus includes the administration of insulin according to the monitoring of blood sugar levels and the management of comorbid diseases that accompany it. Education about the use of insulin and diabetes diet patterns is very important for parents and children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
As our aim is to disseminate original research article, hence the publishing right is a necessary one. The publishing right is needed in order to reach the agreement between the author and publisher. As the journal is fully open access, the authors will sign an exclusive license agreement.
The authors have the right to:
- Share their article in the same ways permitted to third parties under the relevant user license.
- Retain copyright, patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights including research data.
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
For the open access article, the publisher is granted to the following right.
- The non-exclusive right to publish the article and grant right to others.
- For the published article, the publisher applied for the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.