Main Article Content
Background: The pathogenesis of COVID-19 involves complex immunological processes that can predispose to disease severity. In COVID-19 patients, there will be changes in the number of CD4 + and CD8 + cells which are part of lymphocyte cells in the specific immune system. This study aims to see the relationship between CD4+ and CD8+ cell counts in COVID- 19 patients at Dr. Mohammad Hoesin Hospital Palembang, Indonesia.
Methods: This research is an observational study with a case series approach. A total of 30 study subjects who were COVID-19 patients participated in this study. The number of CD4+ and CD8+ cells was assessed, then correlation analysis was performed with the Spearman test, p<0.05.
Results: The correlation between CD4+ and CD8+ has a value of R = 0.875 and p<0.01. This shows that CD4+ and CD8+ have a strong positive correlation and are statistically significant.
Conclusion: The increase in the number of CD4+ cells will be followed by an increase in the number of CD8+ cells in COVID-19 patients at Dr. Mohammad Hoesin General Hospital Palembang, Indonesia.
As our aim is to disseminate original research article, hence the publishing right is a necessary one. The publishing right is needed in order to reach the agreement between the author and publisher. As the journal is fully open access, the authors will sign an exclusive license agreement.
The authors have the right to:
- Share their article in the same ways permitted to third parties under the relevant user license.
- Retain copyright, patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights including research data.
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
For the open access article, the publisher is granted to the following right.
- The non-exclusive right to publish the article and grant right to others.
- For the published article, the publisher applied for the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.